Thomaskantor Kurt Thomas recorded in 1959 – 60 years ago- Bach’s Christmas Oratorio BWV 248. Many of your expressed an explicit emotional reaction while listening to that recording, as happened to me.
Time to stand still for a moment. Why is that? What are the mechanisms behind it? And, let’s look in the mirror : are we focused always on the right elements in the so called historical informed performance practice?
Check out our latest blog posts!
- YES!!! We DO play TOO FAST: The 1816 “Maelzel” Metronome Directions explained 12th September 2018
- Chopin’s Unique Tribute to Bach: his Etude in C Major 2nd September 2018
- Too Slow? V. Lisitsa’s and M.Pollini’s Chopin Etude opus 10 n°12 18th August 2018
- Frédéric Chopin, Etude C#Minor, opus 10 nr.4 in Chopin’s Original Tempo 30th July 2018
- Is Pollini’s Chopin Etude Opus 10 no 9 too slow? 20th June 2018
- Pachelbel Hexachordum Apollinis - LP/CD/FLAC/MP3/MP4 € 7,99 – € 59,59
- Wim Winters plays Organ Works of J.S.Bach € 15,99
Music From Bach to Beethoven and Beyond
- Mozart’s Early Ornamention System € 9,99