Being tremendously active in the comment section of my YouTube channel, adding lots and lots of information, Steven Foss said yes to my question why not bundle his energy for some blog posts on the website. And so you’ll find more or less weekly interesting stories, as this one talking on Jan Sanders van Hemessen (1500-1563) who painted “Young Woman at Clavichord” circa 1530 in Antwerp. Enjoy!
Otto Klemperer, one of the greatest conductors of all time, but a name we never connect to an ‘authentic’ performance, certainly not of Bach, where a name as Ton Koopman does ring a bell. But is Klemperer really off track in all aspects? Let’s skip a b/w discussion here and see what happens if we compare the last choir of Bach’s Matthaus Passion with a version of Ton Koopman.
My recording of Pachelbel’s Hexachordum Apollinis will be available from May 2d in presale. And since Mr Pachelbel will be available both digitally and in analog format, the beautiful variations needed to be cut (that’s how it’s called) into a lacquer or cupper plate (DMM).
Join us on our trip to Haarlem, to Record Industry, Europe’s largest pressing plant, to see with your own eyes the moment that, in a way, is the official birth of Authentic Sound as a recording label.
Joseph Haydn is a composer that often is played with crispness and speed. But is that really so? In this video I share with you a unique contemporary source that will nail you to the ground (for a moment).
“Beethoven Like You’ve Never Heard Before”, as the title of a popular Beethoven video goes. Perhaps it’s true for this version as well. His Pianosonata n°3, Opus 10/3 in C Major, played according to what Carl Czerny (and Ignaz Moscheles) gave as their tempi.
Check out our latest blog posts!
- YES!!! We DO play TOO FAST: The 1816 “Maelzel” Metronome Directions explained 12th September 2018
- Chopin’s Unique Tribute to Bach: his Etude in C Major 2nd September 2018
- Too Slow? V. Lisitsa’s and M.Pollini’s Chopin Etude opus 10 n°12 18th August 2018
- Frédéric Chopin, Etude C#Minor, opus 10 nr.4 in Chopin’s Original Tempo 30th July 2018
- Is Pollini’s Chopin Etude Opus 10 no 9 too slow? 20th June 2018
- Pachelbel Hexachordum Apollinis - LP/CD/FLAC/MP3/MP4 € 7,99 – € 59,59
- Wim Winters plays Organ Works of J.S.Bach € 15,99
Music From Bach to Beethoven and Beyond
- Mozart’s Early Ornamention System € 9,99