Author Archive for: Authentic Sound
About Authentic Sound
Authentic Sound, founded by Wim Winters, is an innovating and open platform a for musical experiment. We believe many of the essential aspects of performance practice of music from Bach to Beethoven and Beyond, still wait for us to be discovered.
The only goal we have, is to share this fascinating ongoing journey of discovery with you, to inspire you on your own journey as a musician or music lover, to be touched by the budding beauty of often longtime hidden musical emotions that blossem up every step we come closer to the original composer’s idea.
Entries by Authentic Sound
Thomaskantor Kurt Thomas recorded in 1959 – 60 years ago- Bach’s Christmas Oratorio BWV 248. Many of your expressed an explicit emotional reaction while listening to that recording, as happened to me.
Time to stand still for a moment. Why is that? What are the mechanisms behind it? And, let’s look in the mirror : are we focused always on the right elements in the so called historical informed performance practice?
Check out our latest blog posts!
- YES!!! We DO play TOO FAST: The 1816 “Maelzel” Metronome Directions explained 12th September 2018
- Chopin’s Unique Tribute to Bach: his Etude in C Major 2nd September 2018
- Too Slow? V. Lisitsa’s and M.Pollini’s Chopin Etude opus 10 n°12 18th August 2018
- Frédéric Chopin, Etude C#Minor, opus 10 nr.4 in Chopin’s Original Tempo 30th July 2018
- Is Pollini’s Chopin Etude Opus 10 no 9 too slow? 20th June 2018
- Pachelbel Hexachordum Apollinis - LP/CD/FLAC/MP3/MP4 € 7,99 – € 59,59
- Wim Winters plays Organ Works of J.S.Bach € 15,99
Music From Bach to Beethoven and Beyond
- Mozart’s Early Ornamention System € 9,99